This job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States and Canada.
Why work at Avea?
Avea is transforming the behavioral healthcare space by providing substance abuse and eating disorder-focused institutional providers with cutting edge technology and services for streamlining revenue cycle management, allowing providers to spend more time with their patients – and less managing their money.
Avea is seeking a Full-Stack .NET Developer with a focus on SQL Server data access in Linq and front end development in ASP.NET MVC to join our team to create amazing browser-based applications built using the best of open source and Microsoft technologies. The right individual for this role will be a developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to difficult challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes pride in their work. The ideal candidate will have experience with MVC and LINQ using Microsoft Azure App Service.
If you join our team you will participate in a business that is changing the medical insurance industry and, ultimately, you’ll be a part of saving lives and improving patient care across the nation. We are growing fast and opportunities are expanding every month.
Our Dev team loves coming to work every day because
- We’re collecting a vast data set with myriad possible applications
- We build code that addresses user needs, solves business problems, and streamlines internal processes.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Avea are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- Real healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build to solve real world problems
- We like to have fun - team lunches, and happy hours!
Here's what you can expect
- Collaborate with a team of extremely intelligent and fun people
- Leverage learning and knowledge to create the most straight-forward business processes possible for behavioral healthcare organizations.
- Play a fundamental role in creating a user experience that is revolutionary for our audience.
- Design and develop web applications and services
- Write automated tests using NUnit and WebDriver
- Perform code reviews
- Learn from experienced mentors and build your technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Apply your teaching skills. We believe that teaching is the best way to learn and we all have something to learn from each other.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A least five years of previous experience in software development
- Experience with Angular and Material Design
- Experience with .NET, ASP.NET MVC, C#, LINQ, and SQL
- Experience with ADO.NET and object-relational mapping frameworks such as Entity Framework
- Experience with popular web frameworks and libraries such as jQuery and Twitter Bootstrap
- Experience with common software design patterns
- Experience with unit testing and designing testable code
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Ability to work independently and with teams of people with varying backgrounds
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and TFS
- Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Experience architecting, developing and securing cloud applications on Microsoft Azure
- Experience with .NET Core and ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with Visual Studio and SQL Server
- 100% paid Medical Insurance, including vision, and Dental. After waiting period
- 401K after waiting period
- 80 hours PTO + 40 hours of sick time annually, after 90 days
- Potential for employer sponsored learning opportunities
- Parking passes provided for neighborhood street parking
- Within walking distance of Max, multiple bus lines, and street car
- Sit stand desks
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Flex time opportunities
- Office with large windows and plentiful light
More About Avea
We believe our users and our employees should have the tools to:
- Work smarter, not harder
- Spend less time searching for information
- Focus on building your business
These beliefs inspired us to start Avea Solutions and they still fuel our passion every day. From just three guys with an idea, the Avea family has grown to over two dozen people, each dedicated to providing superior support and software that’s pioneering real change in the behavioral health industry.
Please send a resume, and cover letter and tell us a little bit about your hobbies, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are required to pass a background check before beginning employment.
Avea Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.