|Title:||Director of Product Management|
We’re looking for exceptional, intelligent, creative individuals who want to do meaningful work.
Avea is transforming behavioral healthcare by providing substance abuse and eating disorder-focused providers with cutting edge technology for streamlining revenue cycle management, allowing providers to spend more time with their patients and less time managing their money.
If you join our team you will participate in a business that is changing the medical insurance industry and, ultimately, you’ll be a part of saving lives and improving patient care across the nation.
About the job
Here’s how the Director of Product Management contributes our team
- Is responsible for everything from idea conception through launch to working with support and on maintenance
- Seeks out and identifies market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers to understand how our software is used and how solutions can be improved
- Partners with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to identify ongoing needs of current and potential clients, thus becoming the expert on our customers, their buying criteria, and on our competition
- Keeps up to date on market trends and assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Validates product/feature and market fit using strong analytical and metrics-driven approach
- Manages product roadmap and ensure epics, features, and stories are sized correctly and groomed
- Writes user stories and success criteria
- Helps to define product vision and strategy
- Serves as a subject matter expert concerning the intended use of all product features
- Communicates the value proposition of the products to the sales team to support the selling process
You’re smart, innovative and you
- Want to change the world… or at least the insurance industry
- Have 5+ years of previous experience in product management (MBA preferred)
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Have experience with Agile project management tools and Agile development methodology
- Have the ability to empathize with users, and “see” tech driven improvements that may or may not hide in plain sight
- Have a proven track record of entering a new industry and quickly understanding the specific problems and finding innovative solutions
- Have previous experience working in a startup environment
- Love finding solutions to complex situations and challenging problems
- Helpful skills to have include knowledge of:
- XP, Kanban, and/or Lean framework
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
- Experience in sales and/or marketing
About Your Perks
- 100% paid Medical Insurance, including vision, and Dental. After waiting period
- 401K after waiting period
- 120 hours PTO + 40 hours of sick time annually, after 90 days
- Parking passes provided for neighborhood street parking
- Within walking distance of Max, multiple bus lines, and street car
- Sit stand desks
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Flex time opportunities
- Potential for employer sponsored learning opportunities
- Office with large windows and plentiful light
Please send us a resume and cover letter, and tell us a little bit about your hobbies
Candidates are required to pass a background check before beginning employment.
Avea Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.